Funky Hampers Ltd is committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations. We have a goal of achieving carbon neutral.
What we are doing already:
- All of our cardboard packaging is 100% recyclable.
- We use a unique recycled paper bubble wrap for packing which is also 100% recyclable.
- We mainly use paper based tape for sealing our boxes, this is also 100% recyclable.
- Our paper sweet bags are 100% recyclable.
- Our poly sweet bags are 100% recyclable.
- We recycle 100% of our recyclable waste and have twice weekly collections for cardboard and plastic which is sent to a recycling facility.
- We have strict controls on food expiry. No food is wasted or sent to landfill.
- Our parcel delivery network is 100% carbon neutral and includes the use of at least 10% of its fleet being electric delivery vehicles which are used in most City deliveries. Full information can be issued upon request.
OUR POWER USAGE
- Our East Sussex unit is solar powered.
- We use energy efficient heating during the winter months which switches off when not required.
- We use low energy LED lighting with movement sensitive lighting in the communal areas.
- 100% of our company vehicles are fully electric.